Buying A Hot Tub or Spa? Consider Some Important Things First
Make the right decision and get a hot tub of your dreams!
A hot tub can serve as a wonderful, healthy and soothing addition to your home – a place where you empty your mind from endless thoughts, relax your body muscles and refresh the spirit.
The word hot tub is an ancient Finnish word relating to the traditional Finnish bath and the bathhouse itself. The hot tub popularity began to spread around the world in 1950s but in many countries there were already similar places for mental and physical relaxation before the 20th century. Among those are the Native American sweat lodge and the Asian bathhouse.
At Mission Valley Spas we realize how important it is to make the right decision concerning the purchase of a BullFrog Spa/Hot Tub. You should consider all the pros and cons when buying it. The hot tub should be a wise investment of your finances, adding not only luxury but also value to your home.
- First of all, before purchasing a hot tub, determine the location where you’ll install it at your home. It could be located outdoors on the patio or in the garden as well as indoors – in a spare room or master bath. Such factors as electrical hookup and close access to showers will also influence your hot tub location.
- The hot tub heater will also influence your choice. You can select among wood-fired, gas or electric. Wood-fired stoves are mainly installed in outdoor hot tub, gas heaters are very energy-efficient and suitable for homeowners who already have gas lines installed. However, gas heaters require a professional to hook them up. Electric hot tub heaters can be installed anywhere, thus they are the most popular choice.
- Take into consideration general electrical requirements. Smaller hot tub heaters can use a 120V outlet, but for a hot tub that’s a large autonomous unit, you’ll require a 240V power source together with a hard wired breaker in the electrical panel, which involves electrician charges that need to be added to the purchase price.
- Size is another thing to consider. There are hot tub units suitable for one person as well as family units for up to 6 members. Think about who will use the hot tub and act accordingly.
- Lighting, entertainment and other conveniences. If you want to read or listen to music while in the hot tub, inside lights and sound systems are also important. Consider your personal preferences and choose the right hot tub for your home.
Even if the hot tub purchase seems overwhelming at first, consult our specialists at Mission Valley Spas and they will help you determine which BullFrog Spa/Hot Tub models and features will best suit your home.